5 Tips to Distribute PowerPoint Slide Content Faster
Select items. Home. Arrange. Align. Distribute Vertically. This is how vertical distribution looks like on PPT. And to say the least, that’s not cool. At all. 😑
Here’s a smarter way to go on about it:
• To vertically distribute any rows you have, place the first and last rows on the two extremities you want, then select all the rows and choose “Distribute Vertically” through the Smart Bar or the auxi Banner.
• You can also use the keyboard shortcut for this feature by pressing on ‘D’ + ‘V’.
⤷ Ok, wow. That was fast! ⚡️
Presentation is as important as the content, if not more. This is why Distribution features are nearly the most used features on PowerPoint. So we thought, nothing would be better than building shortcuts that would help you edit your slide content 95% faster!
Give these keyboard shortcuts a look 👀
I believe it’s pretty clear that we don’t want you spending long on time-consuming tasks like choosing the correct places for your items. Here’s how we distribute items horizontally:
• You have a set of columns. Have the first and last columns on the two extremities you want, then select all the columns and choose “Distribute Horizontally” through the Smart Bar or the auxi Banner.
• If you’re a keyboard shortcut lover, hit on ‘D’ + ‘H’ for this feature.
⤷ Now your columns are equally distant from each other. 😊
Changing the vertical space between items on your PPT slide could take a long time if you do it using the classical way through PowerPoint’s Arrangement command. This is why we created simple shortcuts to rid you of the struggle!
• Select your items then select the “Increase Vertical Spacing” or “Decrease Vertical Spacing” command using the Smart Bar.
• You can also use the auxi Banner or keyboard shortcuts V+ and V- for increasing and decreasing purposes.
⤷ These shortcuts will come on handy when you have a tight deadline!
Increase/Decrease Vertical Spacing
After finalizing a process or a timeline, you might want to increase or decrease the horizontal spacing between the consecutive items.
auxi’s got you! 😌
• Select your horizontally distributed items then choose the “Increase Horizontal Spacing” feature to part your items apart.
• To get them closer, select your items then choose the “Decrease Horizontal Spacing” using the Smart Bar.
• You can also press H+ on the keyboard to Increase the spacing, or H- to Decrease it.
⤷ This will save you so much time when you change the spaces between your items.
Increase/Decrease Horizontal Spacing
Here's a cute, easy to memorize list to make using these keyboard shortcuts as smooth as playing the piano! 🎹